Canon EOS 5D Mark III Instruction Manual (en)

Safety Precautions
When the camera or accessories are not in use, make sure to remove the battery 
and disconnect the power plug from the equipment before storing. This is to prevent 
electrical shock, excessive heat, fire, or corrosion.
Do not use the equipment where there is flammable gas. This is to prevent an 
explosion or a fire.
If you drop the equipment and the casing breaks open to expose the internal parts, 
do not touch the internal parts. There is a possibility of an electrical shock.
Do not disassemble or modify the equipment. High-voltage internal parts can cause 
electrical shock.
Do not look at the sun or an extremely bright light source through the camera or 
lens. Doing so may damage your vision.
Keep equipment out of the reach of children and infants, including when in use. Straps 
or cords may accidentally cause choking, electrical shock, or injury. Choking or injury 
may also occur if a child or infant accidentally swallows a camera part or accessory. If 
a child or infant swallows a part or accessory, consult a physician immediately.
Do not store the equipment in dusty or humid places. Likewise, store the battery with 
its protective cover attached to prevent short-circuit. This is to prevent a fire, 
excessive heat, electrical shock, or burn.
Before using the camera inside an airplane or hospital, check if it is allowed. 
Electromagnetic waves emitted by the camera may interfere with the plane’s 
instruments or the hospital’s medical equipment.
To prevent a fire and electrical shock, follow the safeguards below:
• Always insert the power plug all the way in.
• Do not handle a power plug with wet hands.
• When unplugging a power plug, grasp and pull the plug instead of the cord.
• Do not scratch, cut, or excessively bend the cord or put a heavy object on the 
cord. Also do not twist or tie the cords.
• Do not connect too many power plugs to the same power outlet.
• Do not use a cord whose wire is broken or insulation is damaged.
Unplug the power plug periodically and clean off the dust around the power outlet 
with a dry cloth. If the surrounding is dusty, humid, or oily, the dust on the power 
outlet may become moist and short-circuit the outlet, causing a fire.
Do not connect the battery directly to an electrical outlet or a car’s cigarette lighter 
outlet. The battery may leak, generate excessive heat or explode, causing a fire, 
burns or injuries.
A thorough explanation of how to use the product by an adult is required when the 
product is used by children. Supervise children while they are using the product. 
Incorrect usage may result in electrical shock or injury.
Do not leave a lens or lens-attached camera in the sun without the lens cap 
attached. Otherwise, the lens may concentrate the sun’s rays and cause a fire.
Do not cover or wrap the product with a cloth. Doing so may trap heat within and 
cause the casing to deform or catch fire.
Be careful not to get the camera wet. If you drop the product in the water or if water 
or metal get inside the product, promptly remove the battery. This is to prevent a fire 
and an electrical shock.
Do not use paint thinner, benzene, or other organic solvents to clean the product. 
Doing so may cause fire or a health hazard.