Polaroid PDC 3030 User Guide (en)
Polaroid PDC 3030 Digital Camera User Guide
• Using the SMC (SmartMedia™ Card)
Your camera comes with 8MB of built-in Nand flash memory for storing
pictures, audio clips and video clips as you record them. You can expand
the memory using a commercially available SMC (up to 128MB). The
camera senses whether a memory card is inserted, and automatically
saves pictures, audio clips or video clips accordingly. Note that you
cannot save pictures, audio clips or video clips to the built-in Nand flash
memory while a memory card is installed in the camera.
• Files contained in the SMC card recorded by other cameras may conflict
with the PDC 3030 camera, and valuable data in your existing SMC card
may be distorted or lost when the card is inserted in the PDC 3030 camera.
We strongly recommend the user to use a NEW or formatted SMC card for
the SMC camera. We will not guarantee any valuable data or files (other
than PDC 3030 camera’s) in your SMC card.
• Make sure you turn off the camera before inserting or removing a memory
• Be sure to orient the card correctly when inserting it. Never try to force a
memory card into the slot when you feel resistance.
Memory card precautions:
1. Use only a SMC memory card with this camera. Proper operation is not
guaranteed when any other type of card is used.
2. Electrostatic charge, electrical noise, and other phenomena can cause
data corruption or even loss. Always make sure that you always back
up important data on other media (MO disc, computer hard drive, etc.).
3. If a memory card starts to behave abnormally, you can restore normal
operation by formatting it. However, we recommend that you always
take along with you more than one memory card whenever using the
camera far away from your home or office.
4. We recommend that you format a memory card when using it for the
first time, or whenever the card you are using seems to be the cause of
abnormal pictures. Remember to format a memory card if it was used
in another digital camera or other devices.