Panasonic DMCGX1XS User Manual (en)

Download
- 207 -
Others
The battery is a rechargeable lithium ion battery. Its ability to generate power comes 
from the chemical reaction that takes place inside it. This reaction is susceptible to 
the surrounding temperature and humidity. If the temperature is too high or too low, 
the operating time of the battery will become shorter.
Always remove the battery after use.
Place the removed battery in a plastic bag, and store or carry away from metallic objects (clips, 
etc.).
If you drop the battery accidentally, check to see if the body of the battery and the 
terminals are damaged.
Inserting a damaged battery in the camera will damage the camera.
Bring charged spare batteries when going out.
Be aware that the operating time of the battery becomes shorter in low temperature conditions 
such as at a ski resort.
When you travel, do not forget to bring the battery charger (supplied) so that you can charge 
the battery in the country that you are traveling in.
Dispose of unusable battery.
The battery has a limited life.
Do not throw the battery into fire because it may cause an explosion.
The unusable battery should be discarded in accordance with battery recycling laws. Call the 
RBRC hotline at 1-800-822-8837 for information.
Do not allow battery terminals to come into contact with metal objects (such as 
necklaces, hairpins etc.).
This can cause short circuiting or heat generation and you may be badly burned if you touch a 
battery.
If you use the battery charger near a radio, the radio reception may be disturbed.
Keep the charger 1 m (3.28 feet) or more away from radio.
The charger may generate whirring sounds when it is being used. This is not a malfunction.
After use, be sure to disconnect the power supply device from the electrical outlet. (A very 
small amount of current is consumed if it is left connected.)
Keep the terminals of the charger and battery clean.
Battery
Charger