Nikon 13187 User Guide (en)

Download
xix
A
Observe caution when using the flash
• 
Using the camera with the flash in close 
contact with the skin or other objects 
could cause burns.
• Using the flash close to the subject’s 
eyes could cause temporary visual 
impairment. Particular care should be 
observed when photographing infants, 
when the flash should be no less than 
one meter (39 in.) from the subject.
A
Observe proper precautions when handling 
batteries
Batteries may leak or explode if 
improperly handled. Observe the 
following precautions when handling 
batteries for use in this product:
• Use only batteries approved for use in 
this equipment.
• Do not short or disassemble the battery.
• Be sure the product is off before 
replacing the battery. If you are using 
an AC adapter, be sure it is unplugged.
• Do not attempt to insert the battery 
upside down or backwards.
• Do not expose the battery to flame or to 
excessive heat.
• Do not immerse in or expose to water.
• Replace the terminal cover when 
transporting the battery. Do not 
transport or store the battery with metal 
objects such as necklaces or hairpins.
• Batteries are prone to leakage when 
fully discharged. To avoid damage to 
the product, be sure to remove the 
battery when no charge remains.
• When the battery is not in use, attach 
the terminal cover and store in a cool, 
dry place.
• The battery may be hot immediately 
after use or when the product has been 
used on battery power for an extended 
period. Before removing the battery 
turn the camera off and allow the 
battery to cool.
• Discontinue use immediately should 
you notice any changes in the battery, 
such as discoloration or deformation.
A
Observe proper precautions when handling the 
charger
• 
Keep dry. Failure to observe this 
precaution could result in fire or electric 
shock.
• Dust on or near the metal parts of the 
plug should be removed with a dry 
cloth. Continued use could result in fire.
• Do not handle the power cable or go 
near the charger during thunderstorms. 
Failure to observe this precaution could 
result in electric shock.
• Do not damage, modify, or forcibly tug 
or bend the power cable. Do not place 
it under heavy objects or expose it to 
heat or flame. Should the insulation be 
damaged and the wires become 
exposed, take the power cable to a 
Nikon-authorized service 
representative for inspection. Failure to 
observe this precaution could result in 
fire or electric shock.
• Do not handle the plug or charger with 
wet hands. Failure to observe this 
precaution could result in electric 
shock.
• Do not use with travel converters or 
adapters designed to convert from one 
voltage to another or with DC-to-AC 
inverters. Failure to observe this 
precaution could damage the product 
or cause overheating or fire.
A
Use appropriate cables
When connecting cables to the input and 
output jacks, use only the cables 
provided or sold by Nikon for the 
purpose to maintain compliance with 
product regulations.
A
CD-ROMs
CD-ROMs containing software or 
manuals should not be played back on 
audio CD equipment. Playing CD-ROMs 
on an audio CD player could cause 
hearing loss or damage the equipment.