Nikon 13187 User Guide (en)

Caring for the Camera and Battery: 
Do not drop
: The product may malfunction if subjected to strong shocks or vibration.
Keep dry
: This product is not waterproof, and may malfunction if immersed in water or exposed 
to high levels of humidity. Rusting of the internal mechanism can cause irreparable damage.
Avoid sudden changes in temperature
: Sudden changes in temperature, such as those that occur 
when entering or leaving a heated building on a cold day, can cause condensation inside the 
device. To prevent condensation, place the device in a carrying case or plastic bag before 
exposing it to sudden changes in temperature.
Keep away from strong magnetic fields
: Do not use or store this device in the vicinity of equipment 
that generates strong electromagnetic radiation or magnetic fields. Strong static charges or 
the magnetic fields produced by equipment such as radio transmitters could interfere with the 
monitor, damage data stored on the memory card, or affect the product’s internal circuitry.
Do not leave the lens pointed at the sun
: Do not leave the lens pointed at the sun or other strong light 
source for an extended period. Intense light may cause the image sensor to deteriorate or 
produce a white blur effect in photographs.
Turn the product off before removing or disconnecting the power source
: Do not unplug the product or 
remove the battery while the product is on or while images are being recorded or deleted. 
Forcibly cutting power in these circumstances could result in loss of data or in damage to 
product memory or internal circuitry. To prevent an accidental interruption of power, avoid 
carrying the product from one location to another while the AC adapter is connected.
: When cleaning the camera body, use a blower to gently remove dust and lint, then 
wipe gently with a soft, dry cloth. After using the camera at the beach or seaside, wipe off any 
sand or salt using a cloth lightly dampened in pure water and then dry the camera thoroughly. 
In rare instances, static electricity may cause LCDs to light up or go dark. This does not indicate 
a malfunction, and the display will soon return to normal.
The lens and mirror are easily damaged. Dust and lint should be gently removed with a blower. 
When using an aerosol blower, keep the can vertical to prevent discharge of liquid. To remove 
fingerprints and other stains from the lens, apply a small amount of lens cleaner to a soft cloth 
and wipe the lens carefully.
See “The Low-Pass Filter” (
0 301, 303) for information on cleaning the low-pass filter.
Lens contacts
: Keep the lens contacts clean.
Do not touch the shutter curtain
: The shutter curtain is extremely thin and easily damaged. Under 
no circumstances should you exert pressure on the curtain, poke it with cleaning tools, or 
subject it to powerful air currents from a blower. These actions could scratch, deform, or tear 
the curtain.