Sony DSC-S40 Manuale Utente (en)
How to hardwire the Sony DSC-S40 Digital Camera
, all rights reserved.
This document covers in detail how to modify the Sony DSC-S40 digital camera for remote shutter control from the
PixController Universal or LE camera control board. Please see
for more information.
Please note that if you make this modification to your Sony camera that you will void your
camera’s warranty. This modification can also result in damage to your digital camera if
you do not follow the instructions properly.
1. 2.4 mm #0 Philips Screwdriver & Small Flat Blade Screwdriver.
2. Fine tipped soldering iron with heat control.
3. 30 Gauge wire. Wire Wrap type wire can be purchased from your local Radio Shack store. Find one of the 3
part numbers: 278-501, 278-502, 278-503. They come in a spool of 50 feet of wire for $2.99
4. Small tweezers.
5. Flat blade screw driver or knife.
6. Sony DSC-S40 flat flex cable from Nature-Qwest, LLC., or purchase the Universal or LE Sony S40 kit.
7. PixController Universal board with Sony S40-U PIC chip, or LE board with LE II PIC chip